Thursday, January 17, 2008

Who wants to go on a holiday?

I do.
Not because I want to run away from something. But simply because I just like to run. Well actually travel. To be honest I simply can't resist the anticipation of what a tour, journey or destination will bring. The prospect of travel is so ripe and laden with possibility. Who will you meet? What will you see? And most importantly how it makes you feel.

As a child my most vivid (and cherished) recollection of travel is of our many journeys to Lucknow. Since my grandparents lived there, every summer we would go to Lucknow by train. Now Grandparent's home is a treat and joy for all kids. For me the real thrill was the train journey. The chugging of the engine, the blue berths, the co passengers, the (not so) blur of towns you passed. I thought being a TT and getting to travel to Lucknow was the coolest job in the world.

Indeed, till my twenties I used to be so excited about travelling by train that I just couldn't sleep the night before.
And Of course, due to lack of sleep, I'd sleep through the entire journey.

3 comments:

write_off said...

That's the beauty of hindsight - you can remember sleeping through the entire journey and still have a vivid (and cherished) recollection. Keep filling us in!

Ninja said...

lolz

travel30 said...

nice one........ I really like the way you right things and I never get bored reading them.
New Post -

Titanic : The hottest love has the coldest end